Kiddy Cook at Home is a an online cooking club that encourages parents to step back & empower kids to take control in the kitchen and become young foodies – inspiring a love of both cooking from scratch using fresh ingredients, and eating food that’s good for young bodies & minds!
Ingredients delivered direct to your door by Abel & Cole
We’ve created our recipes specifically to develop basic cooking skills and a lifelong healthy relationship with food and eating.
To make things as easy as possible for you, everything you need to create our tasty recipes will be delivered direct to your door each month by the lovely folk at Abel & Cole.
While younger children will need your help, we’ve designed everything so that older kids will generally be able to work much more independently (though you’ll still need to keep a watchful eye when it comes to things like chopping, slicing, and taking things out of the oven).
Here’s what you’ll get
For just £79 every 4 months (including delivery) you’ll receive:
- all the ingredients to create each month’s seasonal recipe delivered direct to your door from Abel & Cole*. That means a box full of fresh, quality, organic ingredients to make it even easier for your young cook to prepare a tasty & nutritious recipe from scratch.
- a comprehensive recipe card, including an equipment check list
- a fun and easy-to-follow cook-along instructional video – the next best thing to us being in your kitchen cooking beside you!
- a skills video - where each month we show you & your young cook how to master a basic cooking skill that will help develop their cooking abilities
Kiddy Cook at Home Welcome Pack
On joining, we’ll also send your young cook a FREE Kiddy Cook at Home welcome pack, which will include:
- a useful card wallet – so they can print out their recipes and keep them all in one place
- a skills checklist with reward stickers – so they can record their learning
- a handy cooking conversion chart – which has lots of different weights & measures all in one place
Plus, once your young cook has completed 8 of their basic cooking skills, we’ll send them a certificate so they can show off their progress!
AND, for just 25p, if you email us a photo of your child with their completed recipe, we'll send you a digital personalised recipe card back.
Why Abel & Cole?
In a nutshell, we share lots of the same values:
- we both believe in the importance of teaching kids about food that not only tastes good, but makes them feel good, too
- we’re both very conscious about keeping our carbon footprint to a minimum, and don’t want to use lots of plastic to individually wrap our ingredients, which is why things such as flour will be delivered as a full bag. And by not providing pre-measured or weighed ingredients, children will learn how to use measuring cups, spoons, jugs and scales as part of the cooking process
- we both believe in being as seasonal as possible with food, meaning we’re making the most of what’s on offer at home when we can
Got a question? Chances are we’ve got it covered in our FAQs.
* subject to delivery available in your area